Driven by passion, partnership, and innovation
A 20+ year history of drone innovation
Breaking ground with international firsts
- In 1999, we released the first commercialized quadrotor UAV.
- In 2001, we released the first multi-rotor UAV with an integrated camera system.
- In 2013, the Draganflyer X4-ES was credited as the world’s first sUAS to save a person’s life.
- In 2016, Draganfly became the first company to have multiple UAV systems deemed Transport Canada Compliant.
Earning news coverage
Receiving awards and recognitions
- International Academy of Science’s Top 10 Finalists for Technology of the Year for Draganfly Tango (2007)
- Popular Science’s “Best of What’s New” Award in the Aviation & Space category for Draganflyer X6 (2008)
- The Ernest C. Manning award nomination, Canada’s most prestigious innovation award, for found Zenon Dragan (2014)
Improving public safety
Enhancing major museums
Shaping pop culture
An unmatched passion for UAV engineering
Our team does great work because we care about our partners, but also because we just love what we do. We view UAV engineering as an art and a science; building industrial drones that change the world takes equal parts artisan craftsmanship and technical prowess. When we get to work every day, we challenge ourselves with one question: how can we make better, lighter, more reliable drones that improve the way we live?
A commitment and care for our partners
We work with our partners to understand their problems and workflows as well as they do so we can craft the perfect solution that fits into their existing operations. And we begin product and platform agnostic; this allows us to avoid prescriptive problem solving as we focus on building custom solutions tailored for the needs of the end user.
Learn why draganfly
Chairman and CEO
Cameron has been a technology entrepreneur for more than 30 years and has spent his career growing a diverse collection of high-potential ideas into revolutionary companies that have changed…
Chief Operating Officer
Patrick has more than 20 years of experience building relationships in domestic and international technology markets and serving his country as a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps…
Chief Financial Officer
Paul has more than 20 years of experience in senior roles at investment banks including Scotia Capital, Desjardins, and Beacon Securities. Paul has provided financial solutions to small startups…
Lana is responsible for managing staff and overseeing the daily operations of the business. Like everyone at Draganfly, she wears many hats, managing: all HR…
Zenon merges his lifelong passion for flying machines with his entrepreneurial spirit as founder of Draganfly. He launched Draganfly in 1998 and supervised the development of the Draganflyer…
Cory has 27 years of experience as a UAV operator, 17 years of experience as a UAV instructor, and is a Transport Canada approved UAV instructor…
Vice President of Engineering
Tim Lee is an electronics engineer and firmware designer who initially began working with Draganfly in 2006 as a contractor. Tim became a permanent employee…